The first auto race held on the streets of Paris was a sight to behold. It was an electrifying moment and one which would go down in history. An event, which would be recorded and written in all the books years from now.
It was akin to the same momentous event as the Horseless Carriage race from Paris to Rouen which was organized in the year 1894. Albert Lemaitre won the race in the petrol category with the help of a massive 3hp engine.
Not only was this the onset of the foray into the world of auto racing but the pioneer of city to city endurance racing as well. It was because of this very reason that automotive innovation took several leaps and bounds in the latter half of the century.
Just the way racing prompted the latest technology to be developed for automotives a century ago, the need for better models of electric cars is on the rise as well. Times have changed but the desire to do bigger and better is the same. Pick any book of history and you will see how inventors always aimed at the very best by keeping up with new ideas.
Parisians along with the whole world took to the race whole heartedly
Paris is not only the place of origin of car racing but is also home to the famous brand Michelin, the first sponsor of Formula E racing. That’s not all though, the famous Renault Z.E 15 Formula race cars manufactured under the Renault banner are a familiar name in Paris too.
It’s not surprising that the Parisians took to the race wholeheartedly. The event was a major sell out. There were several car-themed activities for the crowd to enjoy and an interesting display of street cars along with Formula E cars for the folks to feast their eyes on.
The bitterly cold weather did nothing to dampen the spirits of the people who came in droves to watch the event of the year. After all, they were there to cheer for their local favorites like Nico Prost, Jean Eric Vergne and Loic Duval. However, the title for the winner went to the Brazilian racer Lucas di Grassi.
Not only was this event a great success in Paris but fans around the world. Even those who were watching it on TV were screaming themselves hoarse.
Why Formula E-Racing is here to stay
- The number one reason why Formula E is going to go strength to strength is the short time duration of the races. It’s full of adrenaline rush and totally action packed.
- Albeit cumbersome but the drivers have to change cars during the middle of the race and that somehow makes it all the more exciting.
- It is a completely different sort of racing when compared to traditional formula races and this is why it’s only going to pique the viewer’s interest.
- This race is equally popular with the kids. Imagine when they ever think of buying their first car it might be an electric car.
- Richard Branson strongly advocates race cars like the formula E racing. According to him, these would help put pollution into the past. Electronic cars should be the future of technology giving rise to a world free of pollution.
- Leonardo di Caprio endorses Formula E (all the more reason for female fans to swoon).
- A great many established names have already jumped in on the electronic cars bandwagon. These include the Andretti, the Prost and the Renaults along with the McLarens.
- Companies are willing to invest money in formula E racing and it’s not as expensive as Formula one racing.
- It has had one of the most thrilling debuts ever with fans all over the world cheering themselves hoarse.
- It features the best names in automotive racing and these young drivers are here to stay and they do care a great deal about winning.
So you missed the first season of the race? Just take a look at what legions of fans have to say regarding Formula E racing making history and make sure you catch up on the next season!